Monday, December 3, 2007

Nothing Interesting To Report - Just a lot of Food

I guess I try not to journal TOO much. I use this as more of an outlet. At least so far. But right now I am at a COMPLETE loss of what to write. Nothing theoretical really. Maybe something will happen as I type because, really, right now, I don't have the focus to work. I do need to call a venue and make some updates to a doc, but I'll get to that shortly. I need a little brainular rinse.

Aunt and Uncle from out of town came to visit. They kinda rock. I mean they are funny and I guess the older I get the more human my adult family members become, but it's still a blast to hang out with them. Their family (including kids) are always the kind of people you sit around with and find yourself just cracking up.

We partied NON-STOP all weekend. My family gathered at this world renowned restaurant (I'd say where but that would be a huge clue-in to my whereabouts and ya know, that whole 007 thing I have going because I don't want personal and professional lives to cross... event "friends" at my job don't know about this. I hope...) SO yea, like 25 people met up at this awesome place (I brought "Biggie" to this place, so if you are readin this big, you know where I am talking about. You loved it. I know you know. Oh yea, thats the place. It was great. I only stayed for drinks since I promised a friend I would roll to her pad (im gangster, live with it) to celebrate the end of a very rough semester (I think I screwed myself into cat sitting today.. hmmmm). Had fun, but really, no more vodka. Ill help her kill off that bottle but I think Im more of a scotch/whiskey person. Some JD on the rocks, or if I can get my hands on better, well awesome, but Im poor, or maybe some JD and sprite. Yum.

Yea, I mean I've been bringing myself to the scotch world for a little bit now. My grandmother drinks scotch and now I know why everyone loves her. You don't get sloppy drunk (well we dont) off of Scotch... you get a great buzz but you don't get sick and I felt just fine the next day - tired from partying two days in a row at that point, but just fine. And I get happy drunk on scotch. Ill bicker with J when we are both drunk on the phone if I have had vodka. Doesnt take much to get me in an emotional state. Not tears or anything but my mood will swing quick. Scotch? Naw, doesn't happen. Not yet. Im just a goof off that shit. I even did the grapevine and as much of the thriller dance as I could remember at my Uncles 90th bday.

OH yea, get this, HUGE effing party, uncles 90th party, im knockin back the S&S's, everyone is having a blast, and MY DRUNK ASS passes out before my 90 year old uncle at 1.30a.m. YES my 90yr old Unc was up partying till almost 2 am.

THEN finally last night we went to ANOTHER aunts house for great food, good wine and well, by 9:30 we just couldnt do it anymore. J was sick and being cranky on the phone, I was exhausted, my parents were falling asleep and my aunt and uncle that were staying with us were like god please, bed? So we went home. Not after stuffing ourselves and having a religious philosophical rant. My one aunt, lets call her health nut (in a totally awesome way, I would love her control and devotion to working out and eating right, and im not a poor eater compared to 80% of america). anyway, she was telling me and FLUF (uncle who is in town... and yea, real nickname,it has meaning, won't go into it... again, no defining info ) about how she found it sad that kids were losing their religion (kids in the sense of my generation... Ill call us the spawn... parental units in my family are Literally called Spice and the children are called Spawn because there are too many adult cousins and "spawn" (myself included) to just say adults only or no kids or adults and kids. It doesn't work when half the "spawn" are over 23, 24, some in or near their 30s and only 3 under 21.) OY sorry. tanget. Well anyway Fluf is with me on this whole whatever re: religion. He's the only one who doesnt give me total shit about J being a different religion EVEN THOUGH I DON"T EVEN PRACTICE WHAT I WAS RAISED. its culture, not a g-d thing for me. So yea, we had this huge debate on that.

What does anyone out there in blog land thing about all that kind of shit anyway? Ill try and poll something.

Finally tonight I get to drop off my car to the dealer, pick up a truck (hehehe I hope!) and im getting the oil changed and my service done. in under 4 years i have 60,000 miles. Im insane.

And huge dinner tonight. I have to make this pumpkin ravioli stuff my mom and I kind of created. Home-made pumpkin pasta with a sweet pumpkin and parmesan filling, cayenne pepper for a kick and a lil brown sugar, nutmeg and white wine to cut the burn a tad. Then served in a Sage or Rosemary butter sauce. Everything is fresh prepared and homemade. Good stuff. And yea, all by hand. Pasta, filling, putting the Ravioli together. Im a regular cook man.

Hmm Maybe I can start posting some recipes. They are good and aren't toooooo hard. I get some from online and then generally just take them over to the next step. If anyone starts reading this it could be cool. I know a lot of friends who talk about wanting to actually cook but they don't and this isn't hard. You might need specific utensils for some of them, but if that's the case, you can just come over :)

No comments: