Ok, I'll probably rant and rave a little in this one. I'll probably also go off on different topics and this is going to be a COMPLETELY biased post. Sorry guys. This is also gonna take forever to write. Im gonna get work done in between, and I'm gonna try and look up stats while doing that. Who even knows when I will even post. Ill probably even try and post bits and pieces as I go so if this seems unfinished and I post in parts. Sorry.
Saturday is the announcement of the Heisman winner. OH.MY.GOD. Can I tell you how intensely freaked I am? I mean, this is all we as Gators have this season. I mean, big freaking deal, the Capital-One bowl. woo-hoo. This doesn't even deserve a w00t. But for a fecking Sophomore to have the chance to break yet another record this season, to make HISTORY YET AGAIN, to take the HEISMAN without even be a Champion contender, without even making it to a conference title game. I mean really. Timmy Tebow is the fecking MAN people. The front runner and favorite for the trophy.
I see people with Gator paraphernalia on and I do the pose. They do it back at me. Tim is too good to do this. He won't. Other runners for the Trophy will. Proud feckers. Tim respects the award, lets his fans be proud OF him, but he isn't pretentious.
Now this prestigious moment comes at a wonderful time. The Gator's entered this season with high-hopes, but realistic views. A virgin defense was taking the field. We lost NINE starters this year - do you understand how rough that is? Defense wins games guys. Offense may put points on the board, but without Defense you are screwed. I had a feeling it would be a 9-3 season from the beginning so I am not totally heart-broken to see the final stats. This season was one rebuilding - and one of watching what Tim Tebow would do at the head of the team. And BOY did he impress. 29 passing touchdowns and 22 rushing. He passed for over 3,000 yards and rushed for over 300 (I dont have numbers in front of me) and hes just a quarterback. If you watch, you should see some of the crazy plays he puts up. And it isn't even the stats, its the heart he plays with.
Now, I guess here is the biased side. Sort of. The Gator's faced the toughest schedule out of ALL of the contenders AND those with schedules that were near comparable to ours aren't front runners for the award. With a schedule ranking of 8, the rest of the contenders fall far short of what Tim Tebow has to face week in and week out, not to mention the fact that he played through injuries, continuing to put the stats on the board and win games whereas the excuse for other players is "they would be there if it weren't for injuries." Not to mention Tebow didn't even have to PLAY last week to remain in the number one spot.
I know I didn't put a lot of numbers up. It isn't that I don't really know them. I can look them up, I can shove them in your faces and compare them. I know that McFad ran for over 4,000. But then again he also plays for a 8-4 team that remains unranked. I mean, what do we REALLY look at this season. Teams that SHOULDNT have been number one and two were. No offense Kansas and Mizzou but you had a schedule that was incomparable to that of UF or USC or (I can't believe I am saying this) LSU, and yet you had your shot. A team like Illinois will be playing in the Rose Bowl when their season was NOTHING compared to ours and are ranked below us. I dunno. Im disgruntled. Yea. I know. Your teams wouldn't have been there if it weren't for a year of upsets. You got lucky - and someone even told me once that luck had a LOT to do with football. No. Luck has a lot to do with card games and gambling, even if you know your statistics. Football takes practice, skill, good coaches and passionate players. Luck only comes in every now and then - we have our good days and bad days but in the end it all comes down to talent, passion and dedication - not luck. This season was screwy.
But that's what makes Tebows accomplishments so important, so amazing, and so well deserved. He played above and beyond any other player out there - and he won games without a defense. I know, none of this makes sense, and I am rambling and I should have taken the time to really write this. I should have looked up stats and compared and ya know, maybe I will later. I probably will later to redeem myself and write an accurate and well written post. This is all biased and subjective and opinionated. And ill be doing something I never THOUGHT I would do - Ill be rooting for LSU, cause the feck if i root for THE ohio state.
Go Tebow.

1 comment:
all i am hearing is a whole lot of BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!! and a wOOt.
Post a Comment