Friday, December 7, 2007

A Knife, A Guard, A total FFIIBBB

UUUGGGHHH. J loves to tell stories. Normally I like them. I mean, It's cute - we'll even be on the phone and I'll tell him to tell me a story. But then there are times where, well, I think he's serious.

Like two nights ago, when he told me he was building a rocket out of car parts. I believed it. Why not. He works with cars all the time. He knows his stuff. The ATV we ride? He redid the engine himself. Sure its a bit slow (sorry baby, although I guess I'm safe, he hates the internet, although he knows I blog) although he does want to amp it up a bit. Anyway, yea I thought he built a rocket, or started to. So when I couldn't reach him for about 15-20 hours, yea I thought he blew himself up.

So today when I call to say good-morning and I'm told one of the inmates he works with tries to escape I start getting nervous. Long story but let's say he works with a program that allows men to learn a trade if they are on good behavior or something I guess. These apparently aren't dangerous guys or anything. So he tells me. I dunno, the idea of my man and a screwdriver potentially being held to his neck doesn't thrill me but he assures me the guys like him and everything is under control. I've met the head guard and hes a big guy and shit so I dunno.

Anyway, I am told that the inmate tries to run, holds a knife up to J's neck and the reason J is still with me is because a guard took him out from behind a bush! And he wasn't phased, just all, hey man good shot kinda shit. I'm in my car, late to work, FREAKING OUT. Of course I believe it. Im paranoid as it is with this job. I'm constantly asking him to switch jobs and move down here to be closer with me and to NOT be working on this site.

Turns out he was fecking with me the whole time. The inmate got confused about what site they were working that day. Wandered over to the wrong site, and well J had to drive around for a while looking for him (Im sure other people did too) with the mind-frame that he was trying to run when the poor guy was just lost and probably confused and a bit freaked knowing he was gonna get it when he got back.

So I am gonna go listen to xmas music, get organized and eye down potential new employees over here. I have a lot to do. Just don't know WHAT. So I know once I get myself organized I can get something done. Oh and I am gonna continue freaking out over the high risk situation my asshole boyfriend puts himself in everyday.

No comments: