Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Om Shanti Shanti Shanti

So, I am doing something I said, in my last blog, I did not want to do.

I said I didn't want a blog that focused on anything too serious. I wanted my blog to focus only on humor, dry or slapstick, satire. Relationships were off limits and if work or anything close to a complaint need be uttered it had to be cryptic. I could talk about getting my head stuck in a car window (truth) and my friend who wrote in it could bitch about his voice mail blinking light (he hated it, mine is blinking now).

Unfortunately since leaving that work place the blog fell into oblivion, and reading a friends blog I found myself needing an outlet. To talk about ANYTHING. Sure, my other blog - www.iwonderifthishasleadinit.blogspot.com - is still around. I like it and I like it's purpose. I think it's nice to know there are still blogs out there that don't harp on everyday journalistic (and I mean personal journal, not professional) topics. That I can write in a blog about my absurd love of x-mas and my conviction of Hanukah Harry and my lovely blue and silver x-mas tree, as well as my hate for the spelling of x-mas and inability to not use it. Or perhaps that awesome post about comma usage in this one blog I hit through a friends blog. But I am also stoked about having an outlet now.

So this is my outlet. I may sound like a bitch at times because I am going to rant in here somedays. I am going to reflect in here others. I'll probably gush in here too, or perhaps bring up silly, philosophical topics. I will probably try and be witty as well. I may not succeed but I'll sure as peas try. Feel free to comment at will. I will defend as I see fit, but I won't care. Truth is, I just talk a lot and it will give me something to do during the day since I do enjoy a good quarrel.

I guess a quick bit about me. I won't give my real name or any minute details due to a need for some anonymity. No need for the job or certain people to stumble across and know whats going on - privacy and all that, plus I want the freedom to say what I want. So no titles or names, and I ask anyone who knows me respect that. No actual city names. I have no problem with sports teams. I will boast my school. Call me Hamsa (I take it to mean "As Is," or I accept myself for who I am, quirks, faults, eccentricities and all. I am dating a wonderful man who lives about 300 mi away. It's tough, we've known each other for 2 years but recently decided to give it a shot two months ago. We are total opposites and I love it. Im what you can call a granola munchin tree huggin pescetarian hippie. I practice yoga regularly, recite mantras through which I find spirituality, not religion (I am not into organized religion). I run (I've been slackin). I'm from a larger metropolitian city and I work in the business and communications fields. He on the other hand is that good ole southern country boy with strong arms and weathered hands. A total meat and potatoes kind of guy and I love him for it.

Im apartment hunting in a failing market. I will probably buy. More to come on that.

Oh and I'm a UF Gator. Be prepared for a lot of Football talk.

That's all for now. Lot's of work to do. Or at least lot's of work I should do.

No comments: