Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Clucking Co-Worker

So this will be example number one of why I want rules.

The woman I share an office with kind of drives me up a wall sometimes. Don't get me wrong; I don't think the devil or some evil little minx sent her here personally to annoy the bejesus out of me. Probably just a test of my sanity. But HOLY CHRIST CRACKERS.

Well call her Cluck for all intensive purposes. It was between that and tic-tac because let's face it. Thats all she seems to do, in the literal and figurative sense. If she isn't clucking away (talking non-stop) shes literally clicking her tongue and it sounds like she is clucking. OR she is popping her gum.

It's not all bad. I have someone to talk to when I am tired. Or bored. Normally Ill go online and Talk to Belle or Email friends. And more often than not I'm knee deep in work. I don't know what is up with me lately really - I do have a lot on my plate but no motivation to do anything. Perhaps it's the holiday season. I need something to kick my ass into gear. Maybe it's not seeing J for two weeks and knowing I have another week to go before I can see him.

Leads me to another thought. I have friends who have boyfriends who live in the same city and they are surgically attached at the hip. I mean I have even seen friends FREAK OUT if they don't get a phone call at a certain time. Or their guy will go on vacation and they explain to me I don't know how hard it is to have to go a month or whatever without so and so. This isn't a specific person - this has been a few different people. I don't get to see J during the week. For a while it was every weekend. Sometimes it is every other week. Because of the holidays it has been two weeks and counting (I have had a lot of family stuff going on, it's ok, I ADORE my family). Im TOTALLY ok with this time off. Don't get me wrong I miss him to PIECES... or should I say, I sure as peas miss him. I tell him all the time. I can't wait to be in his arms. But why am I not falling apart over this three week break. Why do they freak out over a few days... I think people need to maintain their independence. One friend gets to see her beau once or twice a week. They live closish but not next door. She seems to do really well with that. Doesn't need to be up his bum. I don't know, im gabbing. But I think I found my first quiz/poll. I gotta figure a way to word it. Is it healthy to want to be with your sig other 24/7 or Is time apart healthy? Are LDR possible? How much is too much? hmm I think I like the last one.


OH last thing before I go for the second time today. My URL. I think maybe it looks weird? Its just a mantra. Om Hamsa. I accept who I am. Ya know, a bitch who talks... A LOT. Ask Belle. Really. I can't stop. But I like that about me. Im quirky and interesting. Its a curse and a blessing. And I dont get offended when people tell me to chill... thus the blog. An outlet. I know it drives J up a wall sometimes, and yet , at the same time, he tells me he thinks it's really cute. (I can tell you stories about people who didn't think it was so cute... people who i wanted to kick haha). Second, the Title. Sure as Peas. Well, how sure are peas. I just think its cute. And I like using the expression. Like: I'll sure as peas try. I'm sure as peas excited.

Im sure as peas upset that I can't find a certain cartoon





Om bhadram no apivaataya manah.
Om shantih, shantih, shantih!
(Salutations! May my mind and all these be good and well! Om peace, peace. peace!)

No comments: