Thursday, November 29, 2007

Does anyone have a mantra for patience?

I need one lately...

I really think my restlessness and my being very uptight lately does have a lot to do with PMS. Sorry TMI?

Anyway Im waiting for yoga. I need it pretty badly. After listening to the clucking lady all day, popping her gum, clucking about her children - not to mention getting rear ended today - feeling bloated (not sure if its real weight gain from slacking off or just pre you know what bloating)... i just have had no patience and have been bitching a lot. My shining spots lately have been talking to friends, coming home to my parents and cooking together and talking about our days (yes I am very close with my parents - no matter how much one or both can get on my case every now and then, they are close friends of mine) my dog and of course, yoga. Im not big into partying, Oh and how can I forget, the weekends I spend with J, those obviously top it... especially when I bring Nemo with me.

So waiting for Yoga and my mom's friend who I do like, is here for session (its at my house tonight). We are waiting for our friend who instructs. Lets name them Blondie and Yogi. Blondie has a daughter who has... issues. Special, although I wouldnt go so far as to say she is completely hindered or handicapped. Im trying to be pc and everything here people... Just things don't always click.

Now I am trying to get Nemo to behave. He has always been very over active (part border collie) and we are finally making headway with the whole jumping thing. He use to crawl on ANYTHING and ANYONE. I mean. BAD. He figured he owned everyone. You sat, he literally would climb up on the back of the couch and drape himself over your shoulders like a shawl or a dead fox. I swear. Wasnt horrible when he was 20 lbs. But hes 55 now, not so cool. Or he would just sit on you. He still does it to me when I sit on the floor.. but hell just put his butt in my lap since he sees himself as a lap dog and its when im cuddling him. SO. we got nemo to chill with this im a cat or a mountain goat habit of his, and hell still jump on people when they walk in every now and then but we are working on it.

so this kid, who is 17 but has the maturity (its a handicap) of 10ish id say, im really not being mean, this is real, keeps sitting down and encouraging my dog to crawl on her and lick her face and get on her shoulders. then she sits in a chair and pats her lap so hell jump up on her. I keep asking her to stop. not mean, i dont raise my voice but i tell her im trying to break him of the habit so not to do that. i swear whenever I look away, she does it again!!!! everytime i look up shes got him jumping on her again. or licking her face. i love my dog, i love all dogs (except poodles, just not a fan of poodles... laberdoodles are straight tho) but i do NOT condone begging, licking of the face or jumping. and shes pretty much reteaching my dog all the bad habits im trying to break him of...

sigh.... and i can't get mad beccause shes got problems. this really isnt an environment that i want to practice yoga in... but this is my test... i have to learn to train my focus, to block her out to focus.

so i ask - does anyone have a really good mantra for patience and does anyone know a good devotion mantra?!


(my favorite position and the one I find I can completely lose myself in and close off my mind. unfortunately I shouldn't stay in it for long to protect my neck)

1 comment:

~Belle~ said...

i need to get back into YOGA. i have some DVD's at home. i will ahve to ask my physical therapist tongiht if i can do that and pillates again.